- Special Sections
- Public Notices
I don’t have a Facebook account, nor do I intend to create one (so quit asking). Despite that, I know about the “25 Random Things About Me” phenomenon because I’ve seen several news stories about it.
With that in mind, here is a list of 25 things, even if they aren’t necessarily about me.
1. Blues on Tap is now closed. I was offered the job I have now during a lunch interview in a booth at Blues.
2. Feel free to give Blues’ Hot Brown (partial) credit or blame for me being here.
3. I strongly encourage everyone to take advantage of free entertainment opportunities locally.
4. One example is the Marion County Community Performing Arts Series, which hosted a jazz quartet last Thursday at Henning’s at Rosewood.
5. Another example is the Marion County Public Library. Check out books, music and movies, all of which are available for nothing but the time it takes to travel to the library.
6. Even though I don’t have a Facebook account, I am on Twitter (as mistasteve), but I still haven’t really figured out how to use it.
7. Making a list of 25 things isn’t as easy as I thought it would be.
8. Sorry to anyone who wanted to hear the interview with George Edelen Jr. on our website. We have the recording, but we just couldn’t get it to work online.
9. Regardless, I hope this is the last time I write about that particular issue.
10. The World Baseball Classic has renewed my interest in baseball ... a little.
11. By the way, when did the Netherlands become good at baseball?
12. Louisville is a No. 1 seed. Western Kentucky is back in the tournament, and Kentucky, well ...
13. Has Western become the second-best basketball program in the state? (I doubt it, but still, go Toppers!)
14. Morehead State made the tournament field as well, by the way.
15. I can’t remember, did Minnesota make the tournament?
16. The book is still better than the movie.
17. I still like the movie though.
18. I do need to read more, however.
19. Is it just me, or have commercials become more surreal? (See Progressive and Orbitz ads, for examples.)
20. Comedy Central has now roasted Pam Anderson, Flavor Flav, Jeff Foxworthy, Bob Saget and Larry the Cable Guy. Who’s next?
21. This really is more difficult than I thought it would be.
22. Apparently Christian Bale is going to be in every movie coming out this summer.
23. I wonder if that bothers Samuel L. Jackson?
24. I’m looking forward to the Guitar Hero: Metallica game.
25. I’m finally finished. Is anyone still reading?