- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Marion County High School art students recently competed in the Caveland Regional Art Competition with seven other high schools. Competing schools include Taylor, Washington, South Warren, Warren Central, Adair and Grayson County high schools.
Marion County earned seven awards, including three students’ works that will be advancing to state competition.
The following students received awards:
• Emily Clark, first place, ceramics
• Johanna Leake, first place, painting and third place, printmaking
• Matthew Norris, first place, printmaking
• Casey Crane, second place, painting, honorable mention, ceramics
• Sarah Harrington, second place, printmaking
All first place winners advance to state competition in April at Dixie Heights High School.
A closing reception to honor regional winners and exhibitors will take place from 5 to 7 p.m., March 7, at Elizabethtown Community College. All friends and family are invited.