- Special Sections
- Public Notices
I was born in a rural area on the outskirts of Detroit, Mich. My wife and I both attended school in Dearborn, Mich. I’m the proud parent of five wonderful children. Two daughters still in Michigan, a son in Arizona and two more daughters here in Kentucky. I served four years in the United States Coast Guard during the Korean War. I still had a strong desire to serve my country and applied for a civilian position with the U.S. Army. I began my career as an industrial property officer and worked mu way up to acting director of the reutilization directorate in Battle Creek, Mich. Upon leaving government service, I was presented with a distinguished career award by Brigadier General Thomas Arwood, USA. I still have this strong desire to serve my country and would like the opportunity to be this district’s magistrate on the fiscal court. I’m not aware of whether our present magistrate has been doing a good or bad job. I just think the voters in District 3 deserve a fresh new voice.
Some of my priorities if elected:
1. Maintain a balanced budget.
2. With the high cost of heating – make sure heating assistance is provided to all those that need it.
3. Make sure the jail is properly funded.
4. Strive to assure county funds are being properly allocated.
5. Be aggressively involved in community development.
6. Make sure we keep our roads well maintained and safe.
7. Serve my community with integrity and honor.
8. Assure the implementation of E-911 in Marion County.
9. Keep the Bluegrass Pipeline from entering Marion County.