- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Charles E. Spalding Jr., 43, of 25 C. Ashbury Drive in Bardstown received three years of pretrial diversion for second-degree unlawful transaction with a minor. This was amended from an original charge of first-degree sexual abuse.
As a term of his pretrial diversion, Spalding must serve a 30-day alternate sentence with work release, complete a counseling program approved by the Commonwealth’s Attorney and have no contact with children through his employment.
Spalding is the former Youth Service Center director for St. Charles Middle and West Marion Elementary schools.
He was indicted in June of 2013. The indictment stemmed from events that occurred between December of 2012 and February of 2013.
In other circuit court matters:
- Jordan Curtis Stephenson, 21, of 141 Springhill Drive in Lebanon received five years of pretrial diversion for second-degree criminal abuse. This was amended from an original charge of first-degree criminal abuse.
Stephenson was ordered to complete anger management and attend AA classes once per week. The original indictment read that the victim was 12 years old or younger or was physically or mentally helpless.
He also pled guilty to endangering the welfare of a minor (three counts) and terroristic threatening.
A charge of unlawful transaction with a minor was dismissed.
- Robert Lee, a.k.a. Rob Lee, 54, of 251 N. Proctor Knott Avenue in Lebanon received two years of probation for first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance first offense less than 10 dosage units (drug unspecified). He was ordered to serve 60 days of home incarceration and to pay $175 court costs, $500 restitution and $25 fee.
This was amended from an original charge of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance first offense 10 or more dosage units (opiates).
- Robert Sterlin Griffin, 40, of 466 Hwy. 55 in Springfield received 24 months for probation for second-degree promoting contraband and alcohol intoxication in a public place first or second offense. He was also ordered to pay $150 court costs.
The contraband charge was amended from an original charge of first-degree promoting contraband.
- Halicay Thomas Mullins, 34, of 2445 St. Mary’s Road in Lebanon received three years of pretrial diversion for criminal possession of a forged instrument (11 counts) and first-degree promoting contraband.
She was ordered to pay $2,103.04 in restitution to Farmers National Bank with a 5 percent fee to the Marion Circuit Clerk’s Office, $175 court costs, and $250 attorney fee. She received credit for 19 days served.
- John W. Wright, 39, of 732 Palestine Road in Campbellsville pled guilty to DUI fourth offense with aggravator and driving on a DUI suspended license first offense.
His sentencing has been scheduled for July 10.
Charges of reckless driving and possession an open alcoholic beverage container in a motor vehicle were dismissed.
- A charge of trafficking in a controlled substance 1,000 feet of a school against Dustin J. Hamilton, 21, of 244 Collins Street in Richmond was dismissed. Hamilton completed his pretrial diversion program.
Editor’s note: The items above are from Marion Circuit Judge Allan Bertram’s June 5 and 26 dockets and from Marion Circuit Judge Dan Kelly’s June 26 docket.