- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Joshua M. Pittman, 25, of 10298 S. Lincoln Walnut Street in Walton, Ind., was sentenced to 12 months for facilitation to trafficking in marijuana in Marion Circuit Court recently.
He received credit for time served in Indiana.
A charge of first-degree persistent felony offender was dismissed.
In other circuit court matters:
- William C. Stumph, 26, of 630 Chadley Avenue in Lebanon stipulated to a violation of his probation on original charges of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (two counts). He violated his probation by pleading guilty to DUI.
He was ordered to serve 90 days as an alternative to revoking his probation.
- Javier Araus, 47, of 552 N. Spalding Avenue in Lebanon received deferred prosecution on charges of first-degree possession of a controlled substance and prescription controlled substance not in its original container. Under the terms of the agreement, Araus can have no further violations of the law, nor can he use any illegal substance or abuse alcohol or prescription medications.
If Araus complies with the terms and conditions, then his deferred prosecution term will expire in 12 months.
- Terrance S. Hazelwood, 31, of 229 Mock Avenue in Lebanon pled guilty to third-degree burglary (three counts), second-degree attempted burglary, and third-degree criminal mischief. His sentencing has been scheduled for May 9.
- A charge of flagrant non-support was dismissed against Roger G. Tungate, 29, of 2260 Gene Hunt Road in Raywick because he has successfully completed his pretrial diversion.
- Charges of third-degree theft of a controlled substance and first-degree criminal mischief (three counts) were dismissed against Robert L. Hall, 25, of 3880 Hwy. 52 in Loretto. The charges were dismissed because Hall successfully completed his pretrial diversion.
- A charge of flagrant non-support was dismissed against William Turpin, 32, of 3190 Chelf Ridge Road on Liberty. The charge was dismissed because Turpin has successfully completed his pretrial diversion.
Editor’s note: The items above are from Marion Circuit Judge Allan Bertram’s April 11 docket and Marion Circuit Judge Dan Kelly’s April 25 docket.