- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Following a 70-0 record over the course of two seasons, the Lebanon Middle School girls’ basketball team finished the year with a 20-7 record. The Lady Patriots finished runner-up to Anderson County, possibly the best middle school team in the state in a recent tournament.
"The girls really played hard and improved as season went on. They now will move on to the high school and play for the freshman team," coach Trent Milby said.
Milby listed members of the team and a brief note about each one.
Team members include:
• Colleen Rakes (an athletic girl that once learns to slow down will be a contributor at the varsity level by her sophomore season.)
• Timmera Burton (a girl that understands the game but needs to take it more serious when she is practicing and playing and could be very good.)
• Miranda Bradshaw (most improved player since moving up and practicing with the high school team. She's very athletic and I look for her to keep improving due to her will to do so.)
• Logan Hazelwood (a three point threat that understands the game and will be a good role player as she is able to shoot and hit the open shot.)
• Rebecca Taylor (The scrapper of the bunch. She gets by with hustle.)
• Janell Hardy (Could become a very good rebounder once she decides that basketball is something she wants to do. She has a knack for the rebound.)
• Other members included T.T Adams (5th grade), Ambrasia Adams (5th Grade), and Crishiana Burton (7th Grader).