- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Starting in late November/early December Marion County Public Library will add even more online resources to make visiting the library, even from your own home, easier than ever! MCPL is joining Kentucky Libraries Unbound, powered through Overdrive, to allow its library patrons access to downloadable audio books, e-books, music, videos and more. It’s like having a library branch right in your own home. All you’ll need is a library card and password and you’ll be set to start downloading when the system takes effect.
We’re happy to say that we’re joining the group at a great time. Not only is this just in time to offer the service for those who’ll get new gadgets during the holidays we’re joining just when the Kindle is being added to the list of supported technologies. If you are thinking about purchasing an e-reader or other device and would like to get an idea of what Overdrive can support please use the following link for a complete listing: http://www.overdrive.com/resources/drc/
Please stay tuned for updates on the official launch date and for more information regarding the service and how to use it. Don’t forget that you can already access your library account from home to place items on hold and to renew your checkouts. Those wanting to receive their online password will need to stop by in person. This and no other library information regarding a patron’s account can be given out via e-mail or phone, or will be given to someone other than the cardholder for security reasons.
Another happy library event is the announcement of our “Thankful For You” fine forgiveness month, which will run during November. During the month patrons who have overdue fines on their name can have those fines forgiven. All overdue items merely need to be returned and the fines will be deleted. This will not cover fines that have been accrued due to damaged or lost items.
Other November library events and notable dates:
• Nov. 1, 4-6 p.m. Teen movie event (ages 13-18)
• Nov. 3, 4-5 p.m. Teen Anime Club (ages 13-18)
• Nov. 7, 3-5 p.m. Zombie Bash, teens only, registration required
• Nov. 10 the library will close at 1 p.m. and will be closed the following day on Nov. 11 to allow for an inventory audit. The library will re-open at the regular time of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 12.
• Nov. 14, Teen Bored Game Night~Board Games (ages 13-18)
• Nov. 15, Visit the librarians at their booth during the MCHS Reading Celebration. They’ll be hosting the “What Snot To Eat” reading and activity room!
• Nov. 17, Black, White and Read Breaking Dawn Party 5-7 p.m. Registration is required.
• Nov. 21, Tween Craft Test Dummies (ages 8-12) Making Mosaic Pots 4-5 p.m.
• Nov. 22, Tween Movie Event (ages 8-12) 4-6 p.m.
• Nov. 24-25, the library will close for the Thanksgiving holiday
• Nov. 28, Teen Craft Test Dummies (ages 13-18) Making Mosaic Pots 4-5 p.m.
• Nov. 29, Pokemon Club (all ages) 4-5 p.m.
• Toddler Tales (ages 0-4) Wednesdays at 11 a.m.
• Xtreme Afternoons (ages 5 to grade 5) Wednesdays at 4:15 p.m. will meet Nov. 9, Nov. 16 and Nov. 30th with no meeting on Nov. 23 due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or check out our website at: www.marioncopublic.org for daily updates on library events and happenings. For questions about any library service or event please call (270) 692-4698. As always, from the library family to yours, happy reading!