- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Joseph R. Hutchins, 56, of 6555 St. Francis Highway in Loretto received 24 months of probation for second-degree wanton endangerment after entering an Alford plea, which means he did not admit guilt but acknowledges that the prosecution could likely prove the charge.
Hutchins was originally indicted on three counts of first-degree sexual abuse (victim under 12).
Hutchins was also prohibited from having contact with the victim or the victim’s immediate family, and he was ordered to pay $150 court costs.
- Charges of first-degree assault, first-degree wanton endangerment (eight counts), and second-degree persistent felony offender were dismissed with leave to reinstate against Dontay J. Sangster, 22, of 256 Lake Avenue in Lebanon.
According to the dismissal order, additional witnesses have been located that require the Commonwealth to pursue further investigation and then determine whether to re-indict.
Sangster had been indicted on Feb. 21, 2011, in connected with an incident Feb. 1, 2011. Sangster was accused of shooting at the house at 213 W. High Street when six people were inside.
In other court news:
- Jason Wayne Stearman, 35, of 254 Shreveport Road in Campbellsville received 24 months of probation for DUI first offense (aggravator), second-degree possession of a controlled substance (drug unspecified), and second-degree promoting contraband.
- Denise Brown, 26, of last known address of 336 Lincoln Avenue in Lebanon received five years of probation for first-degree possession of a controlled substance (two counts).
- Joseph P. Brady, 65, of 100 Mac Brady Road in Lebanon received 24 months of probation for facilitation to marijuana cultivation five or more plants first offense.
- Thomas J. Hamilton, 32, of 8560 Loretto Road in Loretto received 24 months of probation for possession of marijuana. He was also ordered to pay $150 court costs. Charges of tampering with physical evidence, third-degree trafficking in a controlled substance first offense and possession of drug paraphernalia were dismissed.
- Jamie L. Cowherd, 33, of 146 Castleberry Drive in Lebanon received 12 months of probation for second-degree possession of a controlled substance (drug unspecified).
- James Robert Spalding, 24, of Marion County Detention Center was ordered to complete drug court successfully on a charge of second-degree promoting contraband.
- Charges of possession of drug paraphernalia (two counts), reckless driving, failure to maintain insurance (two counts), expired plates, second-degree persistent felony offender (two counts), DUI first offense, failure to produce insurance card, failure to wear seat belt, careless driving, and failure to/or improper signal were dismissed.
Editor’s note: The items above are from Circuit Judge Dan Kelly’s May 10 docket.