- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Pascal "Pat" Jones, 51, of 130 Willow Springs, New Hope, pled guilty to one count of first-degree rape. His sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 27.
The remaining 111 charges against Jones were dismissed. The dismissed charges were two counts of first-degree rape, three counts of first-degree sodomy, 43 counts of first-degree sex abuse, 21 counts of first-degree unlawful transaction with a minor under 16, 40 counts of first-degree unlawful transaction with a minor under 18, and two counts of intimidating a witness in a legal process.
In other circuit court matters:
- Steven E. Orberson, 21, of 55 Hwy. 243 in Gravel Switch pled guilty to two counts of second-degree rape (no force) and one count of second-degree sodomy. The indictment read that the victim was under 14. His sentencing is set for Nov. 17. A charge of second-degree persistent felony offender was dismissed.
- Parker Eugene Perdue, 32, of 2824 Reece Hurt Road in Edmonton was sentenced to seven years in prison for second-degree escape enhanced by second-degree persistent felony offender. This sentence will run consecutively to the sentence he is now serving. Charges of theft by unlawful taking (auto), first-degree fleeing/evading, second-degree fleeing/evading, driving on a DUI suspended license and failure to wear a seat belt were dismissed.
- Sean Underwood, 39, of Marion Adjustment Center was sentenced to one year in prison for first-degree promoting contraband. His sentence will be served concurrently with the case he is now serving. Charges of third-degree assault, tampering with physical evidence and first-degree persistent felony offender were dismissed.
- Michael Johnson Jr., a.k.a. Mike, 25, of 115 S. Spalding Avenue in Lebanon received five years of probation for second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance first offense (two counts) and possession of drug paraphernalia (two counts). Johnson is ordered to serve 60 days in jail with credit for 30 days served. He was also ordered to pay $300 court costs, $300 fees, $200 restitution to the Lebanon Police Department Drug Task Force and $10 clerk's fee.
- William David "Billy" Rigdon, 26, of 1590 Sulphur Springs Road received 24 months of probation on three counts of receiving stolen property less than $500 and one count of attempt to receive stolen property (firearm). He was ordered to pay $150 costs, $25 bond fee, $500 fine. He was ordered to have no contact with victims of these cases. Also, a charge of obscuring the identity of a machine was dismissed with stipulation to probable cause.
- Sherri Van Cleave, 42, of 343 N. Harrison Street in Lebanon received two years of probation for welfare fraud. She was ordered to pay $4,338 restitution to the Kentucky State Treasurer less any payments made since June 17, and she was ordered to pay $150 court costs.
- Joshua M. Sallee, 29, of 318 Rosary Heights in Springfield had two counts of second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance dismissed.
Editor's note: The items in this report are from Judge Allan Bertram's Aug. 4 and 18 dockets, Judge Dan Kelly's Sept. 8 docket and cases that were resolved in mediation.