- Special Sections
- Public Notices
- Maura H. Clark of W. Main Street in Bradfordsville reported that theft by unlawful taking over $500 occurred between Sept. 24 and 25 at 303 Old Springfield Road in Lebanon. A 14-karat gold wedding band, a 14-karat white gold wedding band and engagement ring set, a pair of gold earrings, two 10-karat gold 24-inch necklaces, three 14-karat gold charms, a Kodak digital camera, and iPod, and a Playstation video game console were reported stolen. The estimated value of the stolen items is $2,716.
- Priscilla M. Lee reported two incidents of first-degree criminal mischief on Sept. 9 and 29 at 534 St. Rose Road in Lebanon. On two occasions, all four tires on the victim's vehicle were cut. The cost to replace eight tires was $1,058.32.
- Andrea P. Edwards of Armory Hill in Springfield reported that theft by unlawful taking under $500 occurred at 2136 Campbellsville Highway (Wal-mart) in Lebanon. A tan/brown wallet with gold buttons and two zippers, valued at $50, and $25 cash was stolen from her shopping cart.
- The Marion County Sheriff's Office is investigating a reported equipment theft from the Lee Implement Company, 3020 Hwy. 208 in Lebanon. At 11:45 a.m., two individuals were observed on the company's surveillance video stealing a silver 2003 GMS Yukon with Florida license plate AMWX05, a 2008 John Deere Gator all-terrain vehicle loaded on a 6x8-foot trailer, and several air guns and two hand grinders. The Yukon was recovered Oct. 10 near the Bluegrass Parkway in Washington County.
Deputies Tony Belcher and Ray Gardner investigating this crime. Anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to call the sheriff's office at (270) 692-3051.
- Kentucky State Trooper Josh Dicken is investigating an two-vehicle collision that occurred at 5:15 p.m. on St. Mary's Road in Lebanon. Theresa Hartley, 21, of Loretto was driving west in a 2004 Dodge Stratus. While attempting to turn left into a private drive, Hartley struck the rear of a 2005 Chevy Impala, which was driven by David Mattingly, 56, of Lebanon. Both drivers were wearing seat belts. They were transported to Spring View Hospital, where they were treated and released.
- Brittany Lewis, 18, of Springfield was flown to University Hospital in Louisville following a single-vehicle accident at 5:29 p.m. near 900 Nerinx Road in Loretto. Lewis was driving a 2000 Dodge pickup truck north on Nerinx Road when she lost control, dropped off the right edge of the road, struck an embankment and overturned. Air Methods flew Lewis from the scene to the hospital. Marion County EMS, Marion County Rescue and the Loretto Fire Department also assisted at the scene. Deputy Tristan Hayden is investigating the accident.
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputy Tristan Hayden is investigating a two-vehicle collision that occurred at 6:10 p.m. at the intersection of Hwy. 52 and Hwy. 527 in St. Francis. Antonio L. Powers, 46, of Stanford was driving a 1998 Mercedes south on Hwy. 527 when he collided with a 2006 Volkswagen driven by Stephen R. Farmer, 42, of Lebanon. No injuries were reported and the scene was cleared at 7:19 p.m.