- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The formation of the Superintendent Search Screening Committee is complete.
The committee consists of the following individuals:
- Ed Hacker: Board representative
- Hope Dougherty: Parent representative (West Marion Elementary School)
- Cathy Sparrow: Classified representative
- Mark Newby: minority parent representative
- Sarah Martin: Teacher representative (Glasscock Elementary School)
- Amanda Farmer: Teacher representative (St. Charles Middle School)
- Stacey Hall: Principal representative (Marion County High School)
The first joint meeting between the screening committee and the Marion County Board of Education will be at 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 25, at the administrative office of the Board of Education located at 755 E. Main St.
Superintendent Dr. Chuck Hamilton unexpectedly announced his retirement on May 2. He will officially retire June 30.