- Special Sections
- Public Notices
George L. Rakes Jr., 41, of 334 W. Mulberry in Lebanon pled guilty in Marion Circuit Court recently to failure to comply with sex offender registration, first offense, first-degree unlawful imprisonment, fourth-degree assault, third or subsequent offense within five years, resisting arrest and third-degree terroristic threatening (two counts). He was sentenced to one year in prison to run consecutively with a Taylor County charge. Two counts of first-degree persistent felony offender were dismissed.
In other circuit court matters:
- James Frank Goff, 51, of 97 High View Lane in Springfield received five years of probation for two counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (four grams or more). He was ordered to pay $200 court costs, $1,200 restitution and $3,000 in lieu of forfeiture.
- Eugene Howard Owens, 37, of 103 Sunset Terrace in Lebanon received five years of probation for third-degree burglary. A charge of first-degree persistent felony offender was dismissed.
- Susan M. Wright, 48, of 320 Three Pines Road in Lebanon pled guilty to three counts of first-degree wanton endangerment. She received four years of pretrial diversion with the condition that she has no contact with the victims during the diversionary period. She was ordered to serve 10 days in county jail and to pay $200 restitution to Makayla Wohmer.
- Aaron Dale Sturgill, 45, of 625 Trumbo Road in Morehead received 24 months of probation for theft by unlawful taking under $500. He was ordered to pay $1,396.85 to On-Time Courier, Inc., plus a 5 percent fee through the Marion Circuit Clerk's Office. His probation will be extended until his restitution is paid in full.
- William E. Brown Jr., 48, of 335 J.W. Bradshaw Lane in Campbellsville received 24 months of probation on a charge of attempted failure to comply with sex offender registry, first offense. He was ordered to comply with sex offender registry requirements and to pay court costs.
- David A. Tucker, 22, of 343 W. Mulberry Street in Lebanon pled guilty to second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance first offense. He also acknowledged violating his probation on a previous case in which he was charged with third-degree burglary. His sentencing has been scheduled for March 7. A charge of second-degree persistent felony offender was dismissed.
- George M. Smith, 31, of 31 Maple Street Apartments in Lebanon pled guilty to receiving stolen property over $500. He also acknowledged violating his probation on previous charges of possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, carrying a concealed deadly weapon and alcohol intoxication in a public place.
His sentencing was set for March 21. A charge of second-degree persistent felony offender was dismissed.
- Charges of first-degree fleeing and evading and first-degree wanton endangerment were dismissed against Thomas E. Kelty, 28, of 115 Miles Avenue in Loretto because he completed his pretrial diversion.
Editor’s note: The items listed above are from Marion Circuit Judge Dan Kelly’s Feb. 21 docket.