- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Members of the University of Kentucky Wheat Science Group will discuss important and timely topics related to wheat production during their annual field day. This year’s wheat field day is from 8:30 a.m. until noon CDT, Tuesday, May 15 at the UK Research Farm in Princeton.
Wheat specialists in the UK College of Agriculture will discuss the following topics:
• Future opportunities and potential challenges for ryegrass
• Wheat variety trial and scab smart update
• Barley yellow dwarf virus control during warm winters
• Remote sensing and variable rate nitrogen
• Wheat blast: A disease of the future?
• Grazing gains on wheat for grain
• Enhancing fertilizer phosphorus use efficiency
• Factors impacting wheat storage
Continuing education credits are available for pesticide applicators for one specific and two general hours in categories 1A, 10, 12 and 14. Certified Crop Advisors can receive 3.5 continuing education units in the following categories: 1.5 in integrated pest management and one each in nutrient management and crop management.
The Kentucky Small Grain Growers Association will provide a free lunch.
The UK Research Farm in Princeton is located at 1134 Hopkinsville St.
For more information, contact Dottie Call, coordinator of the UK Wheat Science Group, at (270) 365-7541, ext. 234 or at email@example.com.