.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Today's News

  • Volleyball team goes 2-0 in first week

    The Marion County Lady Knights volleyball team played two matches last week, taking on Campbellsville at home last Tuesday night and playing Nelson County on the road Thursday, going undefeated in their first week of the regular season.  The Lady Knights were able to beat Campbellsville in two sets, taking their overall and district records to 1-0. Marion County also won their match against Nelson County in two sets, pushing their overall record to 2-0.

  • All Stars
  • Early soccer games will be off campus

    On the schedule they are listed as home games. But, for now, the St. Catharine College soccer schedule, for both men and women, won’t actually be played at “home” but instead at Nelson County High School and/or Bardstown High School.
    The move is due to the construction on campus that will result in a refurbished Barber Soccer Field with a nine lane track encircling it. Adjacent to the soccer/track facility will be six new tennis courts. The project was due to be completed by the beginning of soccer season but incessant spring rains delayed the completion.

  • Sports Briefs 8-17-11

    Annual Match Play
    Rosewood Golf Club will host a tournament Aug. 20-21. Tee times will be at 8 a.m. Saturday, and registration deadline is today. Entry fee is $150 per player. To register, call  (270) 692-0506. Each player is guaranteed three rounds, and prizes for the top three finishers will be awarded. For more information, call Louis Carrico at (270) 699-1631, Brad Cox at (270) 699-6908, or Charles Lancaster Jr. at (270) 692-7270.

    Tennis Open, Aug. 20-21

  • 2011 football season set to begin Friday in Campbellsville

    Marion County High School Head Football Coach Jeff Robbins is expecting this year to be different than any other year he’s been at MCHS.
    “This year, more than any of the previous seven that I have been here, we will rely upon a team effort,” Robbins said. “We have no superstars on the team this year. We do have several solid high school football players and if they will play together, believe in each other, and trust each other they can be very dangerous.”

  • Marching Knights have a new band director

    The Marion County High School Marching Knights have been preparing for the upcoming band season for weeks, and due to unforeseen reasons, they now have a new band director.

    Former band director, Shane Mitchell, resigned July 29, and moved back home to Paris, Ky, this week for personal reasons.

    After interviewing five people for the position, the MCHS site-based decision making council hired Curtis Bennett, 29, of Scottsville on Thursday, Aug. 11.

  • Public hearing to be held Aug. 31 for school tax rates

    The 2011-12 school tax rates for real estate and personal property are likely to increase four percent, but county residents will have an opportunity to voice their opinions during a public hearing at the Marion County Board of Education Wednesday, Aug. 31.

  • Ford murder trial could be delayed again

    The trial for a Campbellsville woman accused of killing her husband, Lebanon Police Officer David Ford, may be delayed.

    Greensburg attorney Danny Butler filed a motion Wednesday, Aug. 10, in Taylor Circuit Court to postpone Tonya Ford's trial, which is set to begin Aug. 22, because the prosecution has disclosed new evidence.

    Ford is accused of shooting her husband on Feb. 10, 2009. She pleaded not guilty in November.

  • Tourism commission begins search for new director

    The Lebanon Tourist and Convention Commission began the search for a new director during a special-called meeting Tuesday.

    On Monday, Aug. 8, Chris Hamilton told the commission that his final day as Lebanon's tourism director would be this Friday, Aug. 19. Hamilton has accepted an offer to become the executive director of the Aurora Area Convention and Visitors Bureau in Illinois. He has been the Lebanon tourism director for six years.

  • Youth Explosion is Saturday

    Lebanon First Baptist Church will hold its third annual Youth Explosion event this Saturday, Aug. 20.

    The event will last from 3-9 p.m. on Depot Street, which will be blocked off for the event, and it will feature a bouncy castle, fun and games, grilled food and refreshments.

    The event is free and open to the public.

    Jerry Evans, deacon of Lebanon First Baptist Church, said the church is holding the event to give back to the community.