Marion County High School students were evacuated from the building temporarily Monday morning due to a small fire in the cafeteria. No one was injured, and the fire was contained quickly, according to Principal Mike Abell.
He added that they evacuated the school as a precaution.
“It looks like it was a transformer on the side of a warmer,” Abell said.
He said fire could be seen on the side of the warmer. The staff responded by unplugging the machine, and a custodian used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire, according to Abell.